San Diego Teacher Residency
We are currently accepting applications on a space- available basis for our Fall 2022 cohort. If you’re interested in joining us in August, please sign up for our mailing list and our Admissions team will contact you directly.
- Earned BA/BS degree
- Degree earned from a regionally accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Applicants with a lower GPA should include an explanation of their academic qualifications in their application.
- If the degree was earned outside of the U.S., the transcript must be evaluated for equivalence by World Education Services, Inc. (WES) or Educational Perspectives with a Course-by-Course Report.
- The GRE is not required for admission to the HTH GSE.
- Basic Skills Requirement
- The basic skills requirement measures reading, mathematics, and writing skills. Candidates can meet this requirement through one of the methods as described here by the CTC.
- Fingerprint Clearance Requirement
- Fingerprint clearance accounts for professional fitness to work in a CA Public or Charter school. Candidates can meet this requirement by applying for a Certificate of Clearance (instructions CL-900). Educators who hold a valid CTC issued substitute teaching permit have already met this requirement.
- Subject Matter Proficiency Requirement
- Subject matter proficiency measures a specific set of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities reflecting the subject area taught. Candidates can meet this requirement by passing the appropriate CA Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) series of subtests. Educators seeking a single subject credential may meet this requirement by completion of a Commission-approved Subject Matter Waiver Program.
- TB Screening Requirement
- TB screening is to prevent the transmission of tuberculosis in CA public schools and charters. Educators must provide negative TB results or TB Assessment administered by a healthcare professional.